(Effective June 1, 2008)
As a customer of Midwest Regional Bank, you provide us with important information about yourself. We believe it is our responsibility to safeguard your personal and financial information.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE ABOUT YOU
We do NOT disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone, except as permitted by law. We may disclose the information we collect to marketing companies who perform services on our behalf.
THE CONFIDENTIALITY, SECURITY, AND INTEGRITY OF YOUR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION AND FORMER CUSTOMERS
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about former customers, except as permitted by law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our website has links to other third party sites. These are offered as a courtesy and a convenience. We assume no responsibility for the content, safety, security or privacy of any such site.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may revise this policy from time to time. The most current policy, along with its effective date, will always be posted on this page.
ASSISTANCE TO VICTIMS OF IDENTITY THEFT
If you believe that someone has had unauthorized access to your account with The Bank of Otterville, please notify us immediately so we may take action to protect you.
If you believe that you have been a victim of identity theft, you may find the following contacts helpful:
- Contact the Federal Trade Commission's Identity Theft Hotline at 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338).
- Contact the three main credit bureaus to report fraud and request copies of your credit report. Fraud flags and statements will be added to your report saying that all potential creditors should contact you to verify credit applications.
- o Equifax - to report fraud, call 1-800-525-6285. To request a copy of your credit report, call 1-800-685-1111.
- o Experian - to report fraud or request a copy of your credit report, call 1-888-397-3742.
- o TransUnion - to report fraud, call 1-800-680-7289. To request a copy of your credit report, call 1-800-916-8800.
- Report the theft of mail to your local postal inspector.
TIPS FOR PROTECTING YOUR OWN INFORMATION
- Be sure to review your account statements thoroughly and report any suspicious activity to us immediately.
- Protect your personal information.
- Memorize PINS, social security numbers, account numbers, passwords and similar information.
- Do not respond to solicitations requesting personal information.
- Review your credit report at least once a year to make sure all information is current. For a free copy of your credit bureau report, call 1-877-322-8228 or contact http://www.annualcreditreport.com/.
- Shred or tear up documents containing personal information (e.g. bank statements, expired credit cards).
- Promptly pick up mail deliveries and drop off mail directly at the post office.